This blog post is archived. I consider it outdated and not very useful anymore but since there are many who still visit these pages I've decided to keep them up.
What are your favorite nuget mvc packages
What are your favorite MVC packages available on Nuget? Why?
Here are the most common ones I end up installing in a new MVC Application:
- Elmah - Great for capturing errors (I usually install Elmah for Glimpse as well)
- Glimpse - Great for monitoring routes and tracing information.
- RazorGenerator - Precompiled views, compile time checking
- Mini-Profiler - Awesome little way to profile MVC without much overhead.
- Markdown-Deep - Since most of my sites utilize user input and I would prefer not to allow html input I use this.
- Json.Net - Fast Json library.
- Errlusion - My own little configuration-less error handler for MVC.
- DotNetOpenAuth - I use this for user authentication. I'd rather not maintain credentials on my sites.